PROVO PREDATORS D1 AND D2 TEAMS
Ages: 8-14 years old
- 10U Teams - Player's birth year is 2012 or 2013
- 12U Teams - Player's birth year is 2010 or 2011
- 14U Teams - Player's birth year is 2008 or 2009
Evaluations: 2022-23 D1 evaluations will take place August 19, 20, 26, 27 (See D1 Evaluations). The goal for evaluations is to place players in the division that best matches their skill level. Playing with others at a similar skill level is critical for player development.
- Division 1 (D1): Mid to upper level skill players
- Division 2 (D2): Beginner to low level skill player; players moving up from Start Smart. If player wants to be in D2, there is not need to be evaluated; simply register for the age-appropriate D2 team for your player.
D1 and D2 rosters (based on evaluations) will be posted on the Peaks Youth Hockey website as well as emailed to parents on August 29th.
It is not mandatory for players to take part in evaluations. If your player doesn't want to be evaluated for the D1 team, your player can register directly to their age-appropriate D2 team. However, players who are clearly too advanced for D2-level hockey may be moved up to D1.
Jersey Numbers: If your player is new to the Provo Predators, your player will need a jersey number. Players may choose their jersey number within the following parameters: 1. If a player has an odd birth year, the player must choose an odd number (1 - 99) that has not yet been chosen by a player of their same birth year. 2. If a player has an even birth year, the player must choose an even number (00 - 98) that has not yet been chosen by a player of their same birth year. All jersey numbers must be approved by the Peak Youth Hockey Coordinator.
Registration: Registration for D1 teams will be open on August 29th; the registration link for all D1 teams will be emailed to players that are selected for that roster after D1 evaluations.
Registration for D2 teams is now open.
Step 1: Register your player with USA Hockey (use player's legal name and correct birthdate); your player's USA Hockey number is required when registering for their Provo Predators team. Players need to re-register with USA Hockey every year; if your player played last year, do not submit your player's USA Hockey number from last year. The 2022-23 USA Hockey number should have a three (3) for the fourth digit - XXX3XXXXXLASTN (last 5 characters are part of your player's surname)
Step 2: If your player is not planning to evaluate for a D1 team, then you can go ahead and register your player to their age-appropriate D2 team below:
10U D2 registration is CLOSED.
12U D2 registration is CLOSED.
14U D2 registration is CLOSED.
Season: First week of October 2022 through mid-March 2023.
- The end-of-year WRHL Spring Classic D2 tournament will take place 9 - 11 March 2023; this tournament will mark the end of the Provo Predators D2 2022-23 season.
- The end-of-year WRHL Spring Classic D1 tournament will take place 16 - 18 March 2023; this tournament will mark the end of the Provo Predators D1 2022-23 season.
Practices/Games: All 10U, 12U, and 14U teams will have two 1-hour practices a week and there will be at least 14 Saturday games during the season. Usually half of all season games for a given team will take place at the Peaks Ice Arena. Other games will take place at Utah Olympic Oval, Weber County Ice Sheet, Park City Ice Arena, George S. Eccles Ice Center (Logan), Western Park Ice Rink in Vernal, or Salt Lake City Sports Complex (Steiner). Most games are scheduled at the beginning of the season so parents can plan ahead of time, but schedules do change on occasion. Travel to away games is not coordinated by the Peaks.
Registration Fee: $500
- D1 and D2 Registration fees - 50% of the registration fee is due at time of registration. Payments can be paid in FULL, or 2 month/5 month payment options are available at time of registration.
- Not included in registration fee: USA Hockey Registration, $50 evaluation fee (if you participate in evaluations), game jerseys and socks (will be available for purchase on our Pure Hockey Team store), any and all travel expenses to games, as well as tournament fees if your team chooses to organize and participate in any tournaments.